July 12, 2022
Christopher Hermelin of 'So Many Damn Books' on how to break out of a reading rut.
Fellow books podcast host Christopher Hermelin (So Many Damn Books) joins Angela for a special crossover episode! Angie and Christopher talk about what to do when the magic of reading has temporarily vanished (especially when your day job is in publishing), books that help us make sense of modern life and the near future, and summer reading plans.
You can hear the other half of Christopher and Angie’s chat on the So Many Damn Books podcast feed this week: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/so-many-damn-books/id931442125
And here are a few of Christopher’s reading recommendations as shared in this episode:
- The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden (pub. 1960)
- The Car by Gary Paulsen (pub. 1994)
- The Shimmering State by by Meredith Westgate (pub. 2021)
- The New Me by Halle Butler (pub. 2019)
- Ada, or Ardor: A Family Chronicle by Vladimir Nabokov (pub. 1969)
- Either/Or by by Elif Batuman (pub. 2022)
Follow Christopher Hermelin: